Wednesday, October 25, 2006

More on the Artistic Process

Have you ever made up a song in the car? I do this all the time. I have written about a half-a-CD's worth of songs...out loud...while driving to work in the morning.

Unfortunately, I can't remember any of them.

It gets me back to the question of "harnessing the creative process." As in, "how do you do it?"

I believe it is childish to think that you can only create 'when the inspiration strikes'. That's an excuse. The artist captures inspiration and turns it into something, not just poorly sung lyrics shouted out to silently to fellow participants in a traffic jam, but inspired words and music carefully crafted into something that...well... might well mean something.

Or at least be enjoyable.

Writers...write. Creators...create. Office workers...get out of the coffee shop and go back to the office.

For the stuff I write without much inspiration, but with, I hope, some art... check out One Minute Stories...

More later.

No comments: