Friday, September 22, 2006

Work and Play

I've been nose deep at work lately, which is a good thing. Lots to do, and lots to think about

For the past month, my job had been dangling before me an opportunity to move with my family for two years to Sydney, Australia. The Wife and I were getting pretty excited. Last week, it was cruelly snatched away. Apparently, they hadn't budgeted enough for us get there...and back.

Some key learnings from the experience: They really wanted me there. A lot. Apparently, I interview pretty well when properly motivated. And, perhaps I have a bit of entrepreneur in me, looking for an outlet.

I've decided to take all of this as motivation. To get on with my work and stop waiting for the deus ex machina to reach down and pluck me out of ... all of this. You want to change your life? Change your life. You want to be more engaged, get on top of things? Do it! You want more surprises? Surprise people...they may just surprise you back.

# # #

No comments: