Wednesday, August 23, 2006

When Is A Vacation Not a Vacation?

When is a Vacation not a Vacation

1. When your entire office knows they can email and call you on your cell phone.

2. When you blackberry is sitting next to you on the coffee shop table.

4. When you have a to do list that includes mostly client projects.

5. When you're pretty sure you're not going to get to do any writing, except when you're waiting for Outlook to download the giant client report file so that you can start on the giant report you need to write for the client so she doesn't get asked by her boss what we're doing for all of the money they're spending and she'll have to say she doesn't know which is silly because she knows exactly what we've been doing on pretty much a day-to-day basis but even so I've procrastinated on this report so much that I shouldn't have to be doing it on vacation and yet here I am at a coffee house all ready to write my latest story and instead I'm waiting to work on this report and sometimes I think I just need to leave the country. Heh.

Talk to y'all later...

No comments: