Thursday, April 27, 2006

Drinks Are On Me!

An Observation:

Here's what my work life has looked like over the last eight months:

  • Sincere emotional and physical burnout at work. Ability to concentrate, focus and enjoy life severely impacted.
  • Said burnout contributes to loss of major account.
  • Loss of major account leading to dramatic turnaround in overall mood and outlook on life. Laughing more, speaking and acting with confidence.
  • Said outlook and mood improved by boss who, embarrassingly, pushes all the right buttons and sends me on a positive career course.
  • Contribute mightily to many non-revenue generating but important new business projects.
  • Receive raise via said boss.
  • Direct supervisor recommends me for promotion.

Exactly what's going on here?

Is being happy and confident is good enough in today's work world?

Or am I just better at this than I thought?

Regardless, it's severely impacted my blogging. So, I apologize to my thre or so regular readers and those of you who land here via odd MSN searches. Thank you for your support.

And smile! Drinks are on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Funny how things work out sometimes. The path ahead is unseen, but everything leading up to where you are somehow makes sense.

Kadet said...

Thanks ... you know, you can leave a name ... even make one up! (click "Other" below)

All this anonymous encouragement is making me nervous.