Friday, June 09, 2006

In a Curmudgeonly Spirit of Sharing...

Vacation has come and gone, and I'm back, ready to take on the world and stuff. Or at least to blog and blog again. In the spirit of sharing, here are some things that I've been thinking about...

> I hate summer. There's too much pressure. "Oh what a nice day! We can't waste such a nice day!" There's a lot of pressure in a nice day. You have to embrace it. You have to plan for it. You have to have amazing experiences during them. You have to go outside on nice days. Sometimes, I'm perfectly happy in my air conditioned family room watching the damn television. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about not meeting some artificial standard of nice day ecstasy.

Oh yeah: And it's too damn hot.

> My new-ish Blackberry email machine came pre-loaded with a game called "Brick Breaker". I've discovered it. This is a bad thing. But amid my assault on the digital bricks with my digital ball and laser blasts and what have you, I am being careful this time around. My old Palm Vx has a broken Calendar button as a result of my heavy-thumbed obsession with a handheld Asteroids game.

> My oldest son finished kindergarten yesterday. Nothing terribly remarkable here, but it brings back memories. Putting him to bed last night, he suddenly says, "Why do we have to be done with school? I like going to school." I'm glad he can say so, but feel sorry as well. Later, he'll discover, as I did, that it's not politically correct to admit that you like school and that you actually want to learn something.

> Credit the Newsarama blog for this one: Check out Alienware's Superman Notebook computer. A sign of the apocolypse? Or of the coming rapture...?

No comments: