Tuesday, April 26, 2005

One Minute Story #4 - The Damage is Done

"I'm late I'm late I'm late!"

"What's late?"

"Everything is late. Articles. My period. Mr. Chow's Chinese Delivery. Reports. Invoices. Everything!"

"Have the clients noticed?"

"Noticed what?"

"The late stuff."

"They'll notice soon enough. I'm just that far behind."

"Here's what I do: I make a list. You can tackle each item on the list, one at a time. Cross off each item as you finish it. Put appointments on a calendar. Put it all on the computer. It'll help keep you on track. It helps me a lot."

"Shut up."

"Why?"

"Because I know how to keep organized. I could teach you how to keep organized. I could create a school dedicated to nothing but helping people keep organized. I've got enough lists to fill a shopping cart. A shopping cart full of things...on lists. Shut up about lists."

"Okay. So I'll get back to work again.

"Good."

A long pause.

"So your period is late?"

# # #

No comments: